Tuesday, May 29, 2012
How well do you know Medieval Wordology?
1) What is a genouillieres?
2) If you were a gaukler what would you be?
3) Why is the fleur-de-lis symbol significant?
4) What are decretals?
5) What would you be doing if you were termed a cuckold?
6) You'd get the point if you knew what a bodkin was.
7) What is an arbalest?
8) What is it to troth?
9) What is a pretzel? OK, a gimme right? Now, why is it shaped the way it is?
10) Would you eat a pedule or wear it?
Let's see...scroll down for the answers.
1) Armor for the knee cap
2) A traveling minstrel from Germany
3) It was the official royal emblem of France
4) Papal letters addressing church law
5) A married woman sleeping around
6) A long, sharp, dagger-like needle
7) A steel crossbow with wood shaft
8) Pledge, promise or give your word
9) It's an imitation of a scholar's arms crossed over his chest in prayer
10) We hope you'd wear the unisex rawhide boots
Be honest, how many did you get right?
1-3 Back to the fields peasant!
4-6 Welcome land owner.
7-9 Your royal knowledge will take you far my liege.
10 You cheater.
Posted by A Barnes